I said I would blog as time allows, and apparently that is once a month! Being a new mommy is hard work. Can we believe Emma is already almost 6 weeks old?? We have had a lot going on through the last month that it has been impossible to find time to blog. 

Our little princess is becoming more demanding as she is a lot more alert during the day. She is still such a good baby, though. We are working on a good sleep schedule, but ultimately its a night-by-night battle. She decides when she wants to sleep. We try to stimulate her more throughout the day so when it comes to night time she wants to sleep. Last night, she spent her very first night in her crib in her own room! I on the other hand, spend the night going back and forth checking on her! I didn't know a wall away could feel so far. I kept worrying about the baby monitor battery dying or malfunctioning. She only woke up once though, so I think that she will be sleeping in there from now on. I would sleep like a king in that crib too, its ridiculous. 

Let's see..... Emma is now weighing about 8 1/2 lbs - which is right on schedule. She sees her doctor again in 2 1/2 weeks and that is when she has to get her first round of immunizations :(. That is going to be a VERY hard day for Mamma. I have heard that babies get really fussy on these days and just seem sad and sick. No fun - but its better than watching your child get measles or whooping cough. We went to see Sheila, my midwife, last Monday for our "6 week" check up. She told us that we are 1 of 10 of her patients that she KNOWS she made a big difference in how things turned out for us. She told us again she just had a gut feeling that something wasn't right which is why she induced me. SO SO SO thankful. I told her she is our angel, and she said that she truly feels somebody is working through her; and now so do we :) 

I get to be home with Em until January 2nd. It will be here before we know it, so I am trying to take full advantage of every day we have together. I think I will be ready to go back once that day comes, though. I have been off of work since July 31st when I was hurt, so it will be nearly 5 months that I  haven't worked. That is the longest I have been without an income since I was 16 years old - thank god for piggy banks ;) 

Here are some of Emma's newborn pictures and a few other favorites from the last month. 











4 Generations :) 


So again, I'll try and post in here as time allows. It is much harder to come up with words when you are sleep deprived ;). 

Comments

Popular Posts