Let's Backtrack.

After much debate, I have decided to start a blog. On what you ask? Well I will get to that. I am going to try and start from the beginning; do a little backtracking. 

My name is Jamie and I am 21 years young. I am going to college in the Twin Cities to become a Respiratory Therapist. I work at Regions Hospital as a Certified Nursing Assistant and LOVE my job. I have been with my fiancé for a little over four years now. Clint is his name. He works in Plymouth as a mechanical designer. We met in high school and are now going to live happily ever after.  He proposed to me on Valentines Day 2011 in our kitchen. Yes, we live together. Have been for a little over a year now. In January of this year we found out some unexpected but welcomed exciting news that we are expecting our first baby. I believe this answers the big question. DING DING! Blogging on pregnancy. First thing you should know about me is that I am a planner. So having an unplanned child is throwing me off quite a bit. I think blogging, and essentially journaling, through it will help me feel like I am accomplishing something and help me stay off Clint's back all the time. And it will also be a great way to keep our family and friends updated on baby when he/she finally gets here!

So let's go through the short list of popular questions I have heard since we broke the news about our pregnancy: 

Are you getting married? That has been answered with the announcement of our engagement. 
If so, when? We are waiting until after the baby is born. Getting married was already in our plans before we found out we were expecting and we feel that this is something that should still be celebrated. Thus Mom (me) being able to toast to my new husband and dance the night away. - can't be done as easily if you have a large belly popping out. We haven't picked an exact date, but tentatively July 2012. 
How did you find out you were pregnant? I had a gut feeling. I was barely even late and just knew. I told Clint, we got some tests, and ten times later it was still positive. Clint was sleeping like a baby an hour after we found out and I spent the night watching the clock until I could call my mom. I was terrified and shocked and overwhelmed. I always thought if I accidentally got pregnant I would secretly be 100% jumping for joy since I have ALWAYS wanted babies. It's amazing how different you feel when things are actually happening to you. 
What about school? The start date for the Respiratory Therapy program is September of 2011 - same as my due date. Which causes a dilemma for me. I have decided with confidence that I am going to take a year off of school and go back the following year. This specific program only has fall start dates, so starting in the spring is not an option for me. However, I have about 60% of my credits completed and just need strictly respiratory credits.

Of course there are more questions but these are the basics coming from the traditional folk. We have announced the news to all of our family; both his and mine. Our close friends are also in on our exciting news. We are waiting until we find out the sex and things progress further to be more public with it. However, we are becoming extremely excited. Today I am 10 weeks 6 days pregnant. Tomorrow marks the first day of my 11th week! I can't wait to share more. 

Comments

Popular Posts