It hit me.

So today something hit me. I am going to be a mom! In a little over a week I get to find out the sex of my first born child! AND I get to MARRY the love of my life and best friend next year!! I am so happy and so lucky to be able to say all of these things! I cannot even believe how happy I am right now. With the wonderful mood swings of pregnancy I am making sure to write it down - so the next time I decide to be irrational and terrified of everything that is coming my way again I can remember how I feel right now - Completely and utterly blissful.

So in the last few days I am starting to change my vote to boy. I started out thinking it was a boy, and then Clint was so sure it was a girl (along with everyone else I know) that I started thinking okay it must be a girl! Especially when my midwife jokingly said "It must be a girl" while listening to the heartbeat. Supposedly, when a fetus has a fast heart rate (160 beats per minute) it is going to be a girl - but this is an old wives tale. I am officially changing my vote back to boy. There is just no way that Clint and everyone else is right about this with no doubts in their mind. I could honestly care less what the sex is I just hope it A: is healthy (sounds clichĂ© but SOOO true when  you are actually carrying the baby), and B: has a sex that can be determined. I obviously watch too much Oprah to be concerned about having a transgendered child but I think I am only human. There are things about each sex that would be so much fun! Although, I will admit - my Mom found a chandelier for the nursery if it is a girl and I immediately fell in love with it. How cool would that have been as a little girl? Your own personal chandelier? I'd be jealous of my own child. We have name idea's for each, but we will reveal that once we know the sex! 

I am 15 weeks pregnant tomorrow, so almost done with my 4th month (making me ALMOST 4 months pregnant) :) I have been feeling VERY random movements and loving it every time it happens. I feel like every time my stomach growls I stop in my tracks and make sure it isn't the baby moving. I don't want to miss a thing! The bump hasn't progressed much, I am just starting to look like I drink too much beer - which is ironic because I haven't had a sip in months.

I cannot believe how many pregnant woman I am noticing now that I am. Clint's cousin is due in the next week or so. I work with a lady who is due 1 week before me. My cousin is due 10 days after me, a friend from high school is due in July and another girl I knew in high school is due like 2 weeks before me or something! It's crazy....... It was a cold winter though ;) Whoops. Sorry Grandpa & Grandma. I really think there is something in the water though making women more fertile. Because this year has been the year to get pregnant where I work. Before I found out, there were 6 woman that were all pregnant at the same time - three of them have already delivered their healthy beautiful babies, but the other 3 are either just now due or have another month or so to go. Now I am, and there is another nurse who is pregnant. That is a lot of hormones on an already stressful unit in a hospital. Add some OBGYN patients in the mix and we are bound to have some issues.

Well I'm sure the next time I post I can share the BIG NEWS!!!!! I have never been this excited for anything, ever.... I don't think. 

XoXo

Comments

Popular Posts