Spring!

I don't know if it is the weather or my hormones doing a 180º turn in the last few weeks; but my attitude about life and everything coming our way is phenomenal! This morning I woke up and went on a little stroll with some friends and one of their 8 month old baby girl and it felt great. The weather is GREAT outside, finally, so bringing Lenny on walks is much easier these days. Holy crap was I just loving being around a baby, too. It's like my eyes are locked on any baby I see these days. I want to hold them and know everything there is to know about having a baby. This particular little girl is such a good baby and so adorable. Her name is Nora :) Ugh.. can't get enough. It makes me so excited for everything to be around her. It seems like light years away that I get to meet and hold our baby! 



I was trying to think of cute and fun ways to share the news about the sex of the baby! I heard a great idea that apparently has become very popular. After the ultrasound you have the ultrasound tech seal the sex in an envelope (you don't know yet either). You take the sealed envelope to a baker and hand it to them. You tell them to open it and whatever it says in the envelope (boy or girl) dye the cake batter either pink or blue and put neutral color frosting on it! Then you take the cake home and have family over and after dinner when you cut into the cake you all find out at the same time!! So cute and would be so fun...... but I am too impatient for that! I want to know during the ultrasound so I can see everything live :) But I would like to think of a fun way to share it with the fam. My Mom suggested we pick out an outfit to bring the babe home from the hospital in and wrap it up and have each person or each group open up the box or bag to see either pink or blue! I dunno.... ideas?? We could just spill it all right away and let the shopping begin too! Either way its a surprise and so fun to know :) 

So excited about life and all it has to offer!! Windows are open in the house and the birds are chirping. The simple things we Minnesotans find pleasure in.................

Until Friday!!!! 

XoXo 

Comments

  1. Hey Jamie, if you don't recognize me it's Lauren, the PCA that works with your Mom. She showed this to me last week and i've been reading it. I have a blog too where I talk about baby stuff. It's fun to see your Mom so excited about "her baby." Lol....Congrats on the baby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts