Feeeelin' Goood :)

Well, it's official. No more hiding this belly of mine. Emma is insisting on making more and more room for herself to grow ;) Which is just fine, but definitely takes some getting used to. You have to learn to calculate an extra couple inches (every day) to your abdomen when maneuvering around. But I have to say, I am feeling good. I'm so glad I can say that at least for a part of this experience (hoping this feeling lasts) that I am loving being pregnant. Now that I am showing, the treatment you get from others is just wonderful. People smile for no reason at all. It should be that way all the time, but I'll take it for the next 4 or so months. Which by the way, I thought okay I'm 5 months pregnant - half way there so 5 months to go right? Well last night I actually did the math and it's May 23rd.... so lets see we have June (1 month), July (2 months), August (3 months), and September ---- 4 months to go. That may seem stupid, but this hole pregnancy calendar is a lot more confusing than it sounds at first. So in 4 short months, our little girl will be here. I am so excited to meet her. We are thinking Emma Marie Knutsen will be her name, and trying it out - out loud - for a while seems like a good way to test it out. Of course, once we see her little face we are just hoping the name fits. 

Speaking of getting good treatment, all is true until you walk into a liquor store. Now, before you judge and exit this browser, let me explain. Last week on Wednesday it was my Dad's birthday. So I decided I would run into the liquor store and pick up a 6-pack of his favorite brew. So I'm standing there in front of the beer refrigerators and this older man comes and stands next to me, not looking at the beer but staring at my belly. He proceeds to take a few LOUD deep breaths sighing, trying to get my attention. I'm embarrassed, and having trouble finding the particular type of beer I wanted. Frankly, I just wanted to get the hell out of there. So because I didn't acknowledge his loud breathing, he decides to make his disappointment more obvious. This gentleman flat out asks me after several minutes "What are you doing in here?" I'm sure after I turned bright red, I explained to him it was my Pop's birthday and I was in fact looking for Spotted Cow beer for him as a gift, but it looks as if they don't have any. He then turns into the sweetest little man I have ever met. "Ohhhhh darling! Let me help you find something similar," he says. Phew. I decide to go with a Canadian brew and try and just exit this place as soon as I can. I get to the register and with MUCH attitude the cashier asks "Are you sure you found everything you need here?" I then explain to him that this isn't for me and it's embarrassing being in a liquor store pregnant. Just like before, Mr. not so nice turns into the sweetest person - offering jokes and even opened the door for me. That will be my last trip to the liquor store for a while. P.s. I do actually think this is funny, cause I would probably be giving a pregnant woman some awful looks if she was looking for booze/cigarettes/etc. But this is a good example as to why not everything is as it looks. 

I once again get to write this all to you from my deck. I have some new plants planted out here and am loving getting the fresh air and VITAMIN D from the sun. Before I started writing I started a new book called "Between Sisters" by an author named Kristin Hannah. She was recommended to me and this book seems like a great place to start. Its supposedly the story of two sisters who have problems (like any two sisters) and how they get through them. Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful spring day as much as me. Finally got a new little wardrobe of maternity clothes so I can feel good and look normal throughout the summer. 



As far as Emma goes (what do you think?.... trying it out) she has been kicking like crazy and I am loving it. Clint was able to feel her about a week ago which was very special. He has been so patient trying so hard to be able to feel her. Then a few days after that my Mom and sister were able to feel the little babe. So much fun. We are going to start registering here soon - Babies R Us & Target I think. Next OB appointment is a day after my birthday - June 6th. Which is the one where she will go over our 20 week ultrasound. I'll be almost 24 weeks - 6 months - at the appointment. Another milestone :) This is when our baby will be what is considered "viable". Where if god forbid, something would happen and she would decide to arrive early - they would attempt to save her. Again, god forbid this were to happen. There she goes kicking my bladder again, that's my Que......

XoXo

Comments

Popular Posts