Half Way There!!

20 down. 20 weeks to go. Today I am 20 weeks and 2 days pregnant. We had our 20 week ultrasound today and she (still a she) looked perfect! They said everything looks normal and she looks healthy. Phew. She is a stubborn little one though and made it difficult to get the best shots of her. The last three ultrasounds we have had she has been sucking her thumb, not excluding this one. When I was born I had a callous on my thumb because I had been sucking it for so long in the womb already - and then I sucked it until I was like 8... so it looks like she will be taking after me in that way. I sure hope that's all she gets from me. I will be in for trouble otherwise. Here are a few pictures from today: 

 Baby Emma Marie :)
 Still a girl ;) 
 Her mouth is open in this one - 
it looks kind of weird but she is about to put her thumb 
in. 
And there it is. So cute already.

It is such a relief to hear a doctor tell you that as far as they can tell, you have no reason to worry about any defects. SUCH A RELIEF.  I ...  We love this little girl so much already that I cannot imagine having anything be wrong with her. It was the coolest thing ever to be able to feel her kicking and see it live on the screen. It's a moment I have read about for a while now and have anticipated and all of my expectations have been met. Tonight I am feeling so lucky and so blessed, as I have been for the last 20 weeks or so. 

That little bump I had before is turning into a bigger bump and thinking about having 20 weeks for it to grow and stretch is crazy. So I realize this is nothing yet, but its something to me. Here I am at 20 weeks exactly. I'll update every month on the dot (5 months, 6, 7, 8, & 9) and we can see how much I grow! 

5 Months :)

Until next time...........


XoXo

Comments

Popular Posts