Olive Garden ® Copycat Zuppa Toscana

"Where should we meet for lunch?" is a question asked often between my Mom, sister, and I. But, the answer is {typically} always the same. Olive Garden. Why you ask? Easy. Unlimited soup, salad, and those deliciously warm garlic breadsticks. My Mom and I always order the same thing: Zuppa Toscana, please.

I have this thing where I think I can do everything better myself (control issues), so I decided to do some digging to find a copy cat recipe converted to serve 6-8. With some trial and error, I have made it my own. Hope you enjoy!



Ingredients

1 Lb ground HOT Italian Sausage
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Large diced white onion
4 Tbsp bacon pieces
2 Tsp minced garlic
10 Cups water
5 Cups Chicken Bouillon
1 Cup Heavy Cream
4 Large sliced Russet Potatoes
1/4 of a bunch of kale, chopped


1- Saute Italian Sausage until browned, drain excess fat and set aside while you prepare other ingredients
2- In the same pan, drizzle olive oil and saute onion, garlic and bacon pieces on a low-medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
3- Add Chicken Bouillon and water and heat until it starts to boil.
4- Add the sliced potatoes and cook until soft, about a half hour.
5- Add the heavy cream and just cook until heated through.
6- Stir in the sausage and kale. Heat through, and serve!

Can be topped with grated parmesan cheese, which I do... and it is fabulous. Now, all I need to do is find a copy cat recipe for the breadsticks.....................




Comments

Popular Posts