24 weeks!



Well time is just flying. Already 24 weeks/6 months pregnant! Belly is definitely not taking any breaks from growing. I have expanded my summer maternity wardrobe so that is fine ;) We had our appointment yesterday with Sheila (my midwife) and she went over the 20 week ultrasound and everything looked fine! The placenta is on my front wall in the middle which is good, but if you could pick you would want it on the back wall. The reason for that is because if there is some type of blunt force to the tummy it could tear; such as a car accident or fall. But we will just be extra careful with mamma for the next 3 1/2 months or so ;). Right now the baby is laying sideways instead of up or down either way - which is fine for now, but we want her to move head down when we get closer to delivery. 

Our little corner of baby stuff is slowly but surely growing. Tony is moving out July 1st so we will be able to get a move on the nursery the following weekend :) We are painting it then and hopefully getting most of the furniture in there. My sister and Aunt are throwing a baby shower and we are thinking the end of July will be the time for that - so we will have a place to put all of our new stuff!! 


This is a sneak peak of the bedding set we chose a while back. It's the same one we initially wanted where we got the idea for the chandelier :) We have some great ideas to work around this to make the room extra special for our little girl! Clint's mom was an interior designer before she went back to school to be an Occupational Therapist and her gift to us is helping decorate the nursery so I know it will turn out just beautiful. I'm SOOOOO excited to decorate and put all the final touches together. It's something I have dreamt about doing since I was old enough to have dolls. :) :) 

Next appointment I have is for July 6th where I will be 28 weeks. At this appointment they do a glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. I have no concerns there, but its standard to screen for. In July we have a few grad parties to go to and lots of baby stuff going on. June is really our last month where we have nothing big planned every weekend. In August I will be going back to school so we are going to enjoy this month as much as possible. Last quiet month for us for a while...... 18 years or something like that ;)

In other exciting news, Clint's brother who has been over seas for the last 18 months or so gets to come home at the end of July and be here for our baby girls birth! He will be her Godfather so that is very important to us. Very excited to have him home for a few years :) 

103ยบ outside today... WAY TOO HOT. Thank God for air conditioning. Props to all you Mamma's out there who were pregnant before Central Air. Don't know how you did it.

Comments

  1. Uhm, your mom told us about your maternity clothes situation and I am extreemly jealous!! You are a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it!! hundreds of dollars worth of clothes for free - got SO lucky!! I just found out one of the Mom's wants to give me a lot of her toys and baby stuff too - which is awesome! Definitely think to ask Mamma's that you know for hand-me-downs when your time comes ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts