How far along am I? Confused.

Before I was pregnant and before I joined this community of women who know way more about our bodies and cycles and everything we are capable of than anybody ever really wants to know - I thought a pregnancy was 9 months long. Well, it is and is isn't. Huh? 

Let me break it down for you. Now a days every health care professional goes by weeks instead of months in a pregnancy. This entire time I have been saying I'm 11 weeks, 20 weeks, 25 weeks, etc. So most people that want to know how many months that makes me take the number of weeks I am EX: 20 weeks and divide that by 4 (cause typically there are 4 weeks in a month). In this example you get 5 - so people assume I am 5 months pregnant. But we forget that most months don't have exactly 4 weeks in them. We need to figure in all those other weeks somewhere. 

So when you are talking months a pregnancy is 9 months. 
But, when you are talking weeks a pregnancy is 40 weeks or 10 months. 

On the 9 month pregnancy calendar I am 6 months today, with 3 months to go. 
On the 10 month calendar I am 27 weeks or 7 months today, with 3 months to go. 
Are you confused yet? Just know that whenever I say how many months I am, I am going off of a 10 month pregnancy calendar. Just figure if a woman is 9 months pregnant - she still has to go through her 9th month to get to that due date. 

OKAY. Now that my lesson is over I can get to the fun stuff! I am 27 weeks today :) This week will be the last week of my second trimester. The day I "turn" 28 weeks will mark the first day of the third trimester. The last leg of this journey. I cannot believe how fast this has gone for us! I look back at all the things we have been through since we have found out and all the emotions I have felt and it is still so overwhelming. I keep thinking that it is "becoming more real" every day, but then the next day it feels even more real. I am going to be a Mommy. I could cry when I say it because of how excited I am! I picture her running around our house all the time and just think about how fast it will all fly by. My younger sister Laura just graduated from High School and for her grad party I put together a slide show of pictures and music. It starts with baby pictures of her and goes on as a toddler and little kid all the way through high school. When I was making it I started crying multiple times just thinking about how crazy it is that someday I'll be able to squeeze my baby girls life into 12 minutes of pictures and music. Life just goes too fast and we can never really FULLY appreciate it. 

She is still moving around like crazy in there all day. She seems to have somewhat of a sleeping schedule down. I think 4 am will be her wake time when she arrives cause every morning I wake up to her doing acrobat practice or something like it in there riiiight around 4 am. You would think this would get annoying, but every time I wake up to her there is this part of me that never existed before she became apart of my life that is so gentle and patient and I just lay there and let her do her thing. I feel selfish for not sharing all these moments with Clint but I suppose its what I deserve after putting up with months of morning sickness and exhaustion and now hot flashes and backaches. Moments like that. 

At my last doc appointment I had my glucose screening to check for gestational diabetes and passed with flying colors :) That's always reassuring. I was also told to still keep working on gaining weight. My total weight gain for the pregnancy so far is only 5 pounds so she wants me to gain a pound a week - which would put me at a total of 18 pounds gained when I am due. Trust me, I am eating everything in sight I have no idea why I can't seem to put on weight but I suppose I should not complain. I am measuring perfectly which means the baby is still growing just fine so there is nothing to worry about at this point. I got my maternity leave paperwork from my Human Resources department at work and found out I'll be able to take the extra week to get me through all of the holidays :) My manager understands that it would be special to me and as long as I can afford it, it won't be a problem! Things are just around the corner for us.......

My brother moved out last week and we have the room all ready to paint next weekend! I also went with my mom and she bought the crib for us so we will have that after we have the room painted too :) We already have the bedding set so after the baby shower we will be able to put everything together and get the room all set up for our little girl (we are still thinking Emma). I couldn't be more excited for that! I'll post pictures as we go with the progress of the nursery :) 

XoXo 

Comments

  1. :) I'm so excited and happy for you! Got the baby shower invitation the other day! Every time I'm out I look at baby stuff. Yay! Don't worry Joel,I'm looking for Jamie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts