Happiness :)


There has been a few times in the last week where I have thought "Oh! This has been such a great day, I can't wait to blog about it!" and then I didn't get around to it. So now I get to blog about a great week. 

So last week my parents went to Canada on a houseboat trip with a few of my relatives and left my little sister and brother home (18 & 15). Well one of the neighbors that my little brother Joey mows the lawn for offered us FREE tickets to the Twins game and FREE parking! No brainer! So I took Joe to the game and we had a great time - Twins, not so much but we won't get into their shitty record right now. Then I had a four day weekend. We went to the cabin to enjoy a weekend on the lake for Memorial Day and the weather cooperated for Saturday at least, so that was nice. Then on Memorial Day we had a grad party to go to and we hung out at my parents for a little bit - weather is finally shaping up around here. 

Back to reality. So on Tuesday I went in to work, totally dreading it after my four day weekend. It turned out to be a really good day, though. I found somebody to trade some shifts around that I needed - AND I got my annual review. When my manager comes to hunt me down every year to do this I usually hate it. Don't get me wrong, I have never had a bad review, but I ALWAYS have more ill calls than I should. With my part time status, I should only call in sick like 5 1/2 days in a year (which obviously makes no sense) and in the past I have always had like 8 or 9. Well, this year my manager greeted me with a smile and handed me my practically perfect review :) She said I do an exceptional job and it shows, so they are going to show me they appreciate it with a 2.5% raise!! Woo!! So happy! When you work in health care you deal with a lot of CRAP. It's physically, emotionally, and mentally draining work. So when you get a review and a little incentive to continue caring it makes your everyday a little easier. So that was just dandy. 

Baby Update: 

I am 23 weeks today! So exciting. Baby is considered "viable" by doctors and could survive outside of the womb if God forbid anything ever happened. It won't. But IF it did, it's great to be at this point :) Emma is kicking really hard now. I love sharing it with people so if you see me don't be afraid to touch my belly! It's the only time I will ever let me people touch me - so take advantage of it! ;) Tomorrow Clint and I are going to register for our baby shower at Babies "R" Us and have dinner afterwards. I have no idea what to expect.. I'm hoping they have a good staff member to lead us in the right direction. I have sort of an idea of what brands to get and certain gear that are "must haves" but I'm sure they have something to go off of as well so we don't forget anything. I'm really excited to do all of that though! Get an idea of what will all be in our house in a few months! Breast Pumps and all. ;) Who would have thought that a year ago. 

I know I said I was going to just do picture updates every month on the dot but I can't believe how much I have popped in the last 10 days or so! I'll still add one for the official 6 months shot :) 


It's my 22nd birthday on Sunday and I'm going to have a lunch or dinner with my two best girlfriends at some point this weekend and dinner with Clint on Sunday to celebrate :) The next day we have our next OB appointment with my midwife so updates with come after that! 

Tooo-da-loooo.


Comments

Popular Posts