33 weeks!

Well I am 33 weeks today! I had an appointment with Sheila this morning and things went okay. My cervix hasn't changed much, thinned out just a little bit more since last week, but no dilation and I'm still closed - which is huge. Every week they measure what is called your fundal height, measuring from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus in cm. It should correspond with how many weeks you are. Last week mine was 32 cm and I was at 32 weeks. Well, this week I measured at 29 cm, so it has gone down. Sheila said this could be due to many things. The scariest of things is that my amniotic fluid (the fluid that the baby is in) levels have dropped or that baby isn't growing like she should be anymore. There are some less scary causes of this happening like baby was all balled up at the time of measurement or me being dehydrated, etc. However, it still creates concern - so they ordered an ultrasound to be able to see in there and really check things out more accurately. I have that tomorrow morning, bright and early, all the way in Minneapolis. After we find out the results from that we will know more about what's going on.

Regardless of the results, my job is to take it "even easier" than I have been. Basically I am to lay on my left side as much as I can stand it. Get up to eat, bath, go to the bathroom, and doctor appointments. They want me to lay on my left side because that opens up the main artery supplying nutrients to the baby, so she will get more of what she needs to grow. Sheila did say she is confident in Emma's size, guessing she is around 4 pounds - and that anytime they have a fundal height decrease or be less than it should be they have an ultrasound. Especially in my case where I am already at risk for preterm labor. So here I am, typing this up while laying on my left side (which is not easy to do), taking deep breaths and just thinking of the day when I get to see our baby girls chubby cheeks. Not so far away anymore. 

The good thing is, at 35 weeks its a lot less stressful and dangerous to have Emma come - WHICH is only 2 weeks away! So at the most, we are going to be doing this bed rest thing for only 2 more weeks. Which I will just try to take as a blessing before this baby comes and turns my world upside down :)  

Comments

Popular Posts