Emma Marie Knutsen

So it's decided.. Her name will be Emma Marie Knutsen :) (Which I have heard are some famous last words). It's not on the birth certificate yet but it would take a LOT to change our minds. We had a wonderful weekend started off with my Mom's birthday on Friday. We spent the day going to Bloomington to the elective ultrasound place called Enlightened 4D Imaging and Photography and we had our 3D/4D scan of little Emma. It was really a wonderful experience. We had a really big group there with Clint and I, my Mom and Dad, my Mom's parents, Clint's Mom and my sister, Laura :) I think it was really special for our parents and grandparents to be able to see something like this. There was absolutely no such thing when they were having babies. Here are some pictures from that: 

Here you can see her ear really well 



 This is the best shot we got. You can see her chin and to the right of that is her CHEEK. The tech said we were going to have a baby with some big cheeks - which was no surprise to Clint and I since we both have some cheeks on us. He also saw lots of hair! :) I can't wait to see it all in person even more now. The tech said that Emma was so snuggled into me and down SO low that it made it harder to get some good shots. I kind of expected this because of everything that happened but it was still amazing to even be able to see that much of her. They also sent us home with a DVD of the entire session, if I can figure out a way to upload that I will share it. It's a half hour long, which I could watch over and over and over again but I know to most people a few seconds is enough. 

Since all we have to do now is count the days, I am 32 weeks and 4 days. Getting closer every day to that 35 week mark where things are much safer for baby :) In the last week since everything happened I have really become in touch with my body. I can tell that the baby knows when I'm stressed or if I am exerting myself too much. I never realized how sensitive my body is and how fast it can react to something. I'm finding that standing for more than 5 minutes straight I start to get really tired and even short of breath. Yesterday while getting ready I had to take breaks every 10 minutes or so to just catch my breath and sit down and drink water. Instead of it taking me an hour to get ready it now takes me closer to 2 - which is fine because for the next few weeks I'm under orders to really just get up as needed (meals, bathing, doctor appointments, etc.) I just hope that after that I still have some energy left and strength to get through labor. On Tuesday my work is throwing a baby shower for me so I have that and then I see Sheila again on Wednesday. Otherwise my week is wide open for rest, relaxation, and catching up on some light reading :) 

Comments

Popular Posts