It'll be fine.

One of the infamous quotes used on Clint's side of the family is "It'll be fine". It's used to just kind of say - when you have absolutely no control over a situation, 99% of the time "It'll be fine". So here I am saying "It'll be fine!" 

We just saw my midwife today and I have a few updates. I am off of work officially until the baby is here - the main reason for that is because at my point in this pregnancy, when the baby is as low as she is they always take Mamma off work. She did check my cervix and found that I am still about 50% effaced (meaning my cervix is about half way to being open) - which starts the process of dilating. At 10 cm dilated, baby is coming out. So while we are still a ways away from baby coming out - the process has begun. The baby is also still down really low. Because of the belly bump which caused me to start having contractions early, the baby started thinking that it was her time to get ready to come out. As long as I stay like I am right now - this baby won't be coming for at least a couple weeks. But if I am up on my feet all the time and lifting and running around, it can stir things up and keep the process of labor going. We don't want that. If Emma were to come at this point she would be OKAY, yes. But she would still have to spend some time in the special care nursery in the hospital and she wouldn't be able to come home with us right away. We don't want that. At around 35 weeks, we are at a much safer point and if delivery happened then baby could come home with us right away. So again like I said before, my main job is to relax and put my feet up. I am a mover and always like to be doing something so this is easier said than done for me - but I know I need to be thinking about the bigger picture here and make sure I do what's best for Emma. 

The other thing she told me was to not focus so much on counting EVERY contraction I have. I am going to continue to have contractions. It's when they become painful and every 2-3 minutes that we need to be concerned and get me to the hospital. If it was her best guess, this baby will be here before the due date. She would be shocked she said if Emma made it to 40 weeks - but she said the baby will come when the baby will come. So it's just a waiting game now. But knowing she could be here any day is totally overwhelming. I'm soo excited to meet her but just want her to be healthy and safe.

During my stay in Labor and Delivery at Regions I feel like I really got some excellent care! It made me feel great about the fact that at some point we will be delivering here. Having my mom there as my advocate and having her know people and know what to ask for, etc. really helped me to feel more comfortable. Thanks Mom :) I am soo lucky to have you during this time!! I don't know how we would get through this without you. Never before have I realized how amazing it is to have such helpful, wonderful people in our lives. It's very difficult for me to ask for help, but when you need it and it's just offered to you it makes the situation so much more bearable. 

So here we are at 32 weeks just counting down the time until this sweet baby girl makes her entrance into the world. Friday we have the 3D/4D ultrasound - which hopefully goes well and we are able to get some good pictures of her. My only concern is because she has moved so low that she won't be as easy to see, but it is what it is. If that is the worst thing that comes from this experience we can handle that. Updates coming Friday... until then...... I'll be watching Shark Week on the discovery channel if you need me :) 

XoXo

Comments

  1. Jamie, I had no idea! Just reading this made me cry, not bad cry, but happy cry for you. I know it is sooo hard to take it easy, but one year ago from today I remember exactly how I felt. Pregnant, excited, nervous and anxious. It is so easy to say take advantage of the sleep and rest, but so much harder to do.

    I also tear up because Isaiah is almost 1 year!! Time goes by so fast, all year of no sleep;), running fast and learning more than I ever thought I could know about baby development, parental stress and happiness, faith and different types of baby poop;) Lol, I am so excited for you and know you are going to be an amazing momma! Let me know if you need anything, I know you are so close to Britt and that is awesome, she is one fine momma!!! I hope all is well and It will be fine;) Babies have their own beautiful timing and God has a funny way of making us ready, well as much as possible, for when they come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you are so sweet Crystal!! I am so excited to meet our little girl but just want her to stay in there as long as possible so she is healthy! Next time you are in MN you, Britt, and I and our babes should all get together!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts