Greaaat News!

Today we saw the Minnesota Perinatal Physicians for a follow up ultrasound and we heard basically the opposite of what we heard last week, which is wonderful. Emma is weighing a whopping 5 lbs 3 oz and if anything, measuring bigger than average. They measured the pressure in the umbilical cord and apparently, there are 3 vessels to measure this pressure to determine an actual problem. The last ultrasound I had they only measured one vessel and in that particular one it was high. At this ultrasound they measured all 3 vessels - one vessel was slightly elevated, the other two were perfectly normal; and apparently that is all you need and is perfectly normal. So given her growth is normal and everything measured perfectly they aren't concerned about the nutrition she is getting. I'll never know if a week of bed rest really fixed the problem that much, or if the last ultrasound we had was just not as accurate as this one was. Regardless, we have a healthy baby on our hands and I am extremely relieved!! They said she gains about 1/2 a pound a week from here on out, so if I made it to 40 weeks we could have a 7-8 pound baby! And if she does come early, she has already gained enough to keep her safe. Here's a couple pictures from todays scan: 

 Foot 
 Here her legs are crossed over each other at the ankles... so cute
This was a shot of her face, which looks a lot creepier as a still shot than it was live. I could see her features pretty well. Such sweet little lips... ugh, I can't wait to meet this little girl!! 

So this was all the best news we could have heard today. I don't think I will need any further ultrasounds from here on out. I am still to just continue monitoring her movement - which is honestly not necessary. If I tried to keep a "count" of how often she kicked me in the ribs during a day it would be in the hundreds. But it's okay - every time she does it, even when it hurts, it's just reassuring to me that she is doing okay in there. I still see Sheila tomorrow and I'm sure she will check my cervix to make sure I'm still not dilating - and we will discuss from there how much longer I need to stay on bed rest. My guess is that she will have me continue what I am doing for the next week - because of how low Emma is - and from there allow me to increase my activity. I can tell when I am up moving around more (showering and going to appointments) that it wouldn't take much of it to throw me into something. I start to have irregular contractions more often while up and the pressure is unbelievable. We will see!! Either way, my due date is only 6 weeks away so it won't be long now. 

Starting to get really anxious! :) 

Comments

Popular Posts